2017 Book Cover Design Contest
The Kerrytown BookFest is sponsoring a contest open to Michigan High School students to design a front book cover for Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig. The contest is intended to inspire students to think about visual interpretation of the written word.
- Entries will be judged by the author, Caleb Roehrig, as well as writer and cover designer Molly McCaffery and educator Jackie LaRose. Up to ten finalists will be announced on Monday, May 15, 2017. The three best covers, as chosen by the judges, will be announced and awarded cash prizes at the Ann Arbor District Library’s kickoff event at the downtown branch on September 8, 2017. First place, $100; 2nd place, $75; 3rd place, $50. Honorable mentions will be awarded to the 4th through 10th place finishers.
- Complimentary copies of Last Seen Leaving, donated by Macmillan Publishing, will be provided to the first 40 entrants.
- The contest application form can be downloaded here.
- Entries must be 8.5 inches wide x 11 inches tall and may be in any medium, including photography, illustration, or computer-generated art. Consideration will be given to the artists and designers whose entries consist almost entirely of their own original content. The design should be for the front cover only and should include the title and author. Misspellings of the title or author’s name will disqualify your entry.
- Deadline for the book cover art submissions is Friday, May 5, 2017.
- All student submissions will be displayed in the exhibit area of the Ann Arbor District Library, 343 South 5th Avenue, beginning Friday, September 8, 2017 through mid October.
- For further information, please e-mail Maria Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
To enter, print out this form (PDF) and LEGIBLY complete the information. PLEASE make sure a readable name and e-mail are included.