2013 Book Cover Design Contest
Open to all Michigan High School Students
The Kerrytown BookFest announces its 6th annual book cover design contest. Open to all Michigan high school students, the contest is intended to inspire young people to think about visual interpretation of the written word.
This year’s challenge is to design a new front cover for William Kent Krueger’s mystery Iron Lake. Atria Books will provide complimentary copies of Iron Lake to the first 50 entrants.
- Entries will be judged by the author and professionals in the arts or publishing fields. Five finalists will be announced on Monday, May 20, 2013, and three winners will be announced and awarded cash prizes at the 11th Annual Kerrytown BookFest on Sunday, September 8, 2013. First place, $100; 2nd place, $75; 3rd place, $50.
- The contest application form is provided below.
- Entries must be 8.5 inches wide X 11 inches tall and may be in any medium, including
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, May 3, 2013.
- Submissions will be displayed either at Aunt Agatha’s Books (213 South 4th Avenue, Ann Arbor), Nicola’s Books (2513 Jackson Avenue, Ann Arbor), Crazy Wisdom (14 S Main St Ann Arbor), or Literati Bookstore (124 East Washington, Ann Arbor) from Friday August 30 – Tuesday September 10. Students will be notified where their work will be displayed.
- For further information, please e-mail Robin Agnew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The contest is open to all Michigan high school students.Your design must reflect the content of the book Iron Lake by William Kent Kruger, and include both the title and author. Misspellings will disqualify your entry.
- Your design can be hand drawn, computer generated, photography, or a combination, but it must be submitted as a physical piece 8.5 inches wide X 11 inches tall.
- Please place your name, e-mail, and phone on the back of your art. Please write legibly so that we can contact you.
- Your design can be turned in anytime through May 3, 2013. You can submit it to your art teacher or deliver it to:
213 South 4th Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Five finalists will be notified on May 20, 2013. Three winners will be announced at the 2013 Kerrytown BookFest on Sunday, September 8, 2013.
To enter, print out this form (PDF) and LEGIBLY complete the information.